Upgrading your bathroom appliances and fixtures, as well as breaking down some walls fit with the general scope of a bathroom remodeling project. You will most certainly need important help that will include a designer or architect, an electrician, professional tile man, plumber, carpenter, and also a general contractor to manage and organize jobs and bring everybody together. Bathroom remodeling is not a simple do-it-yourself project so for best results you need a professional and licensed contractor to coordinate and supervise the job.
The Benefits of Hiring a Contractor
The most notable benefit of hiring the help of a contractor for your bathroom remodeling, or any major home improvement project, is acquiring “peace of mind” and having to deal with just one person to implement your ideas (or to blame in case something goes wrong).
A responsible contractor carries with him the skills and knowledge to supervise everything in the bathroom remodeling process starting from the demolition phase up to the installation of the last fixture and plumbing piece.
The general contractor coordinates with the plumber, electrician and all the other professionals needed for your bathroom remodeling project, obtains all essential permits demanded by your city and puts together the work schedules so that no time is wasted.
Some check points for planning your new bathroom:
- Architectural and design plans will help you as well your professionals to visualize the completed project.
- When contemplating on remodeling your bathroom, the most important thing to keep in mind is to consider and look into your bathroom renovation project figures as well as what you think is the most attractive bathroom design for you.
- Throughout your bathroom remodel, remember to look at the project from all angles such as functionality, overall design, aesthetic appeal, material texture and colors, and comfort.
- Get the advice of a designer for bathroom design suggestions, let them know of your design preference so they can give you a sketch or you can examine magazines and cut out designs, ideas and pictures that correspond or match with what design you have in mind.
Here are questions that you should ask yourself to help you design your bath:
– What do I want to accomplish?
– Which do I prefer more, sink or counter space?
– Do I need one more shower compartment?
– Would do I like a whirlpool or spa setting?
– Do I need lots of cabinets or would I rather have open shelves for storage space?
Be Realistic About Your Budget
Even though the bathroom, in comparison to all the other rooms in the home, has the smallest square footage, bathroom remodeling can be costly. And in fact, it can be compared to renovating a small house.
When determining your bathroom remodeling budget, keep in mind the bathroom design ideas you like as well as if they are expensive.
It’s very important to remember that it is less expensive when you don’t relocate your bathroom’s plumbing fixtures, like toilets and sinks. If you are low on your budget, incorporating your current bathroom plan into your new bathroom style can in fact, be very economical.
In addition, the cost of your bathroom remodel will greatly depend on the fixtures and bathroom appliances you would like to have. Some bathtubs, fixtures and even tiles can be very expensive because of their brand names.
Give thorough consideration on how you want to use your bathroom, considering that you can spend hours in your bathroom, taking care of your many hygiene and grooming needs- today’s bathroom is no longer just a place for taking a bath or brushing your teeth. It now can be a place where you can relax in the tub, light a candle, read a book and just take pleasure in its calming ambiance.
So get into the fun and excitement of your bathroom remodeling project and take pleasure in the many years of contentment offered by your finished bathroom project.
Copy right © 2011 GreenFutureConstruction